This article details the new top of pole solar engine & solar panel mount for 4.0" - 4.5" OD round poles: when it occurred, what was improved, and more.
The following products are discussed in this article:
- E Series: R920-E, R820-E, R247-E, and R829-E
- F Series: R920-F, R820-F, R247-F, and R829-F
- G Series (solar only): SC315, R820-G, R247-G, and R829
When did this update occur
Starting in 2021 Q2, all systems above will be shipping with Carmanah's new top of pole mount. This change is for top-of-pole-mounted systems with 4.0" - 4.5" outside diameter (OD) round poles only.
- E Series: 15W solar engine
- F Series: 30W solar engine
- G Series: 50W and 80W solar panel
What has been improved
Below are a few of the benefits and features of the new top of pole mount:
- Direct replacement for the previous revision top of pole mount for E Series, F Series, and G Series systems.
- G Series systems will be paired with new aluminum solar panel mounting rails instead of older and heavier galvanized steel rails.
- Solar mounting rails will not rust: made of aluminum
- Lighter weight
- Fits Caltrans-style flanged tenons
- No risk of sliding down the pole during installation
- Conduit kit available for running wires outside the pole