This article discusses how to download the speed data using SpeedCheck Manager for your SpeedCheck radar speed sign.
The following products are discussed in this article:
- SpeedCheck: SPEEDCHECK-15 and SPEEDCHECK-18
The SpeedCheck radar speed signs collect date, time, and speed of each detected vehicle. The system can hold up to 240,000 unique entries before the memory is completely full, where it will either start overwriting the oldest data or stop collecting new data. The way the system collects and overwrites data is an option within SpeedCheck Manager (Circular Data Collection).
To download the speed data follow these instructions:
- Open SpeedCheck Manager and click on Establish Connection.
- Click on the system you wish to connect to.
- Click on the Data Collection tab. If you do not see a Data Collection tab you do not have the Data Collection feature enabled from the factory.
- Click on Get Data From Device. This will download a CSV file with the speed data. Click Yes on the warning window if you wish to reset the memory, which is recommended.
- Navigate to the following directory:
- C:\Users\Public\Documents\Carmanah Technologies\SpeedCheck Manager\Data Files
- The speed data file will be timestamped with the sign ID and date/time the file was downloaded
- Double click to view the raw data within Microsoft Excel or an equivalent program.
- Change the formatting as per below. Column C is the speed in MPH or KPH
- Column = date
- Column B = time
- If required, import this file into SpeedCheck Traffic Analyzer to filter and manipulate the data into a more graphical representation.
Speed data requires the following:
- Data Collection feature which was optional for systems shipped prior to 2020
- Bluetooth equipped controller
For the latest version of SpeedCheck Manager, which includes SpeedCheck Traffic Analyzer, please see our article here.
Navigate to the Device Setup tab if you wish to enable/disable the Circular Data Collection feature. Enabling this will overwrite the oldest data once the memory is full.