This article shows how to ensure your G Series / SpeedCheck cabinet door is properly closed and latched.
The following products are discussed in this article:
- G Series: SC315-G, R820-G, R829-G and R247-G
- SpeedCheck radar speed signs (with external power cabinet option): SPEEDCHECK-15, SPEEDCHECK-18 and SPEEDCHECK-AS
Please follow the steps below to ensure your cabinet is locked and secured:
- Push in firmly on the middle right edge of the door where the lock area is.
- If your cabinet has the padlock latch option, you will just make sure the latch closes fully and that you're able to affix your lock securely.
- Ensure you hear the lock latch spring open and slot behind the door latch stop. It will make an audible "click".
- Pull back on the door to make sure it is now closed and locked.
Failure to follow these steps can result in the door not fully closing and latching. This can result in the door staying ajar and possible damage resulting in the door hinge rivets failing.
We have added warning labels as a reminder to ensure this process is followed to properly secure the cabinet. This was added to all cabinet-based systems in 2020 Q2.
Door side warning label:
Cabinet side warning label:
Newer cabinets have a welded latch stop which was added in 2019 Q3. Older cabinets used a screwed-in ramp.
Legacy G Series cabinet example (screwed in ramp style strike plate):
Current G Series/SpeedCheck example (welded latch stop, with door switch option):