Connect to the Polara Field Service App and follow these steps to turn off the contactless detection capabilities (iDetect) on the Polara iDX pushbuttons.
The following products are discussed in this article:
- Legacy: SC315 and R920
- E Series: R920-E and R820-E
- F Series: R920-F and R820-F
- G Series: SC315-G and R820-G
Systems equipped with the Polara iDX pushbutton only.
The Polara iDX contains all of the standard features of the iNX while adding the iDetect contactless option. This allows the end-user to simply wave at the button or move their hand very close to it (within ~1-2') to trigger the beacon system. This is an alternative means of triggering the beacon system rather than needing to push the button directly.
The Polara Field Service App (available on Google Play and Apple Apple Store) is used to configure the button post-installation. The contactless detection can be enabled or disabled from within the app.
- Connect to the Polara iDX using the Polara Field Service App.
- If a firmware update is available, the app will prompt you with the latest version that is bundled with the app.
- Ensure you are running at least version 1.0.1; if not, press the Firmware Update button.
- Press the folder icon in the top right and then press Check For Updates.
- Press the Download button for the latest version available and then press the Back button.
- Select the latest version available and then Select File to install the update.
- Press the iDetect Settings button. Toggle the Enable iDetect switch to disable the contactless detection feature.
The contactless detection can be re-enabled at any time by turning the switch on for iDetect.
With iDetect disabled, the button sign is no longer accurate for "waving" to activate the beacon system.
For more detailed information on Polara iNX/iDX button configuration, refer to the video found here.