This article details how to change the contactless detection sensitivity on your Polara iDX button using the Polara Field Service App.
The following products are discussed in this article:
- E Series: R920-E, R820-E
- F Series: R920-F, R820-F
- G Series: SC315-G, R820-G
Systems equipped with the Polara iDX pushbutton only.
The Polara iDX contains all of the standard features of the iNX while adding the iDetect contactless option. This allows the end-user to simply wave at the button or move their hand very close to it (within ~1-2') to trigger the beacon system. This is an alternative means of triggering the beacon system rather than needing to push the button directly.
The Polara Field Service App (available on Google Play and Apple Apple Store) is used to configure the button post-installation. Starting with firmware version 1.0.2, Polara has added the ability to change the contactless sensitivity.
- Connect to the Polara iDX using the Polara Field Service App.
- If a firmware update is available, the app will prompt you with the latest version that is bundled with the app.
- Ensure you are running at least version 1.0.2; if not, press the Firmware Update button.
- Press the folder icon in the top right and then press Check For Updates.
- Press the Download button for the latest version available and then press the Back button.
- Select the latest version available and then Select File to install the update.
Once the firmware update process has been completed, the app will disconnect and the button will reboot and load the new firmware. The device will be unresponsive for up to 30 seconds. Do not power off the button/beacon system during this time. Upon completion, the double-beep startup sound will be heard and the button will be ready to use.
- Below are the adjustable parameters:
- Enable iDetect = will turn on and off the contactless detection feature
- Detection Profile = use Profile 1 which contains additional features; Profile 0 is for legacy compatibility
- Range = setting from 1 - 24; 1 = near, 24 = far
- Minimum Wave Time = setting from 0 - 500 ms
Setting the Range to 24 and Minimum Wave Time to 0ms will provide the furthest range and shortest detection wait time possible. Press the Save button once completed to update the button.
For more detailed information on Polara iNX/iDX button configuration, refer to the video found here.