This article details the troubleshooting steps to be taken to troubleshoot a Polara iNX/iDX speech message issue.
The following products are discussed in this article:
- E Series: R920-E and R820-E
- F Series: R920-F and R820-F
- G Series: SC315-G and R820-G
Systems equipped with the Polara iNX/iDX pushbutton only.
See the checklist below for buttons that won't play the speech message:
- Firmware is out of date
- Follow the instructions in the Polara Field Service app under the Update Firmware menu. Ensure you are running version 1.0.7 or newer.
- Speech message is turned off in the Polara Field Service app
- Assign the speech message selection accordingly in the Polara Field Service app.
- Button wiring is incorrect
- For button wiring please see our article here.
- Speech message volume is low in the Polara Field Service app
- Adjust the Speech Message Volume settings in the Polara Field Service app.
- Settings are incorrect in the Polara Field Service app
- Set Speech Message Start Delay to 0s.
- Set LED Flash Behavior to Rapid Flash (for RRFBs).
- Digital Output setting is incorrect
- Scroll to the OUTP setting on the Carmanah Energy Management System (EMS) and ensure it is set to ALL. If it is set to NITE then the message will only work at night.
If your system does not have an LED load connected to it (RRFB, LED enhanced sign, circular beacon) you will need to set the OUTP setting to NLED. See our article here for more information.
The checklist above assumes you have a working system with proper system voltage.